Alginate dressing is a dressing mixture of alginate fiber and calcium ions in natural seaweed. When the dressing encounters wound exudate, a gel can be prepared on the wound surface, which can provide a lasting moist environment for the wound and accelerate the healing of the wound.
1. Excellent absorbability: It can quickly absorb a large amount of exudate and lock in microorganisms. Alginate dressings can be used on infected wounds.
2. When the alginate dressing absorbs wound exudate, it forms a gel on the wound surface. It keeps the wound in a moist environment, and then accelerates wound healing. In addition, it does not adhere to the wound, it peels off easily without pain.
3. During the absorption of exudate, Ca + in the alginate dressing is exchanged with Na + in the blood. This activates prothrombin and accelerates the clotting process.
4. It is soft and elastic, can be in full contact with the wound, and can be used to fill cavity wounds.
5. Special sizes and styles can be designed according to customers’ requirements for different clinical needs.