Extra thin hydrocolloid dressing
Extra Thin Hydrocolloid Dressing is an occlusive dressing with a flexible outer layer that helps isolate the wound against bacterial and viral (HIV-1 and HBV) contaminants and other external contamination, such as urine and feces, while the dressing remains intact without leakage. The self-adhesive inner layer maintains a moist wound environment while absorbing excess wound exudate to prevent fluid pooling.
Extra thin hydrocolloid dressing is a hydrocolloid dressing indicated for the management of lightly exuding wounds.
- Can be used anywhere on the body to gently protect newly-formed tissue or skin at risk of breakdown
- Designed to reduce cost of care
Supports moist wound healing.
- Provides a moist wound healing environment that supports epithelialization
- May be used on skin tears, superficial wounds, dry-to-lightly exuding dermal ulcers, and postoperative wounds
Designed for patient comfort.
- Translucent backing is designed to prevent needless dressing changes that can cause discomfort and disturb healing
- Thin design is flexible and conformable
- Designed to promote a moist wound environment, which supports healing and prevents damage to new epithelium upon removal
- Moisture-resistant for ease of cleaning/showering
- Can be used as a primary or secondary dressing
- Can be cut to shape
- Creates a moist wound healing environment
Helps to reduce cost of care for caregiver.
- Preventing breakdown may spare cost of treating wounds that may have developed
- Long wear time means fewer dressings required
- Extra thin dressing is a low-cost hydrocolloid
- Beige color
- When the dressing remains intact and leak-free, the polyurethane film will provide a barrier to bacteria and viruses.
- The membrane provides a waterproof barrier on the dressing.
- The dressing can be removed without damaging the newly formed tissue.
- Its purpose is to reduce the risk of further skin breakage due to friction by preventing contact with clothes/sheets.
- It can be used as a primary or secondary dressing on the body.
- It can be used for skin tears and superficial wounds, dry to slightly exuding wounds, newly formed tissues or skin that may further rupture.
Easy to apply
- The translucent backing enhances the placement of the dressing and initial monitoring of the wound.
- The dressing is easy to use, molded and can be cut into certain shapes to place awkward areas.
- Wash your hands, clean and rinse the wound, and then dry the surrounding skin.
- Measure the wound to select the appropriate dressing size and cover a distance of 3.0 cm (1¼ inch) on the entire skin around the wound.
- Warm the dressing between the hands.
- Take out the “top” white release paper, taking care to minimize the contact between your fingers and the adhesive surface.
- Place the sticky side of the dressing on the wound.
- Place the hydrocolloid plasters for burns neatly on the wound.
- Gently press the center part of the dressing.
- When you roll the dressing into place, remove the “bottom” white release paper-but don’t stretch it.
- Repeat the above steps on the other side, and then remove the transparent release paper.
- Gently flatten the dressing.
- Gently lift one corner of the dressing.
- Roll it away from the wound while keeping the skin away.
- Gently lift the other corners and pull upwards until the dressing is completely peeled off.
|Extra thin hydrocolloid dressing||CM055201||5x5cm|